A typical Tuesday of a master ……..(Krishna Hari Humagain)

 A typical Tuesday of a master ……..








Krishna Hari Humagain

Department of English

Day commenced with the alarm of my mobile which woke me up from a satisfying dream of a holiday. But the day turns to an ordinary Tuesday, with the regular activities the morning begins with a sweet sip of a black tea which lets me out of bed. The world outside my window seemed to be in a deep sleep till the time, it looked as if I was only the person who had woken. Doing daily activities I approached my vehicle which was carrying me to my job for a decade. It denied me to get started. After the bike started I rushed towards the job which I have chosen since two decades ago imparting knowledge to the students who are grooming in this beautiful world. I know that I am a candle and should burn myself to shed light in removing the darkness.  On the way to college though my body was on a bike, I was lost in my thoughts. My mind made a conflict with one of the thoughts that was in my mind with the other, were I in the right way of life choosing between two options; teaching and studying abroad. Sometimes my mind consoles me saying that you are doing right as you are with your family, friends and relatives, sharing your joy, pain and pleasure and another time it confronts with this saying that you have done too late to be on foreign land. You have seen the progress made by others and compare yourself with them where you find yourself unable even to buy the things your children want. I came out of my thoughts and my thinking broke when a truck pressed a longhorn which let me out from the thoughts I was not realizing that I was on the busy road of Banepa to Sanga. Now I realize I was on the way near the school from where I need to take a bend. Leaving the bike in the School’s parking lot, I warmed my hands, rubbing gently to each other. Before entering I made some discussion with fellow students regarding the courses and general issues. With the greeting to the students I entered the class. As the day was separated for the presentation of students, I took attendance and made customary activities. I ask a group to make a presentation on the topic that was assigned to them a week before.  

After completing my responsibilities at NPS, I proceeded towards another engagement where my duties awaited me. With the regular responsibility of observing the students entering inside the school premises, my day started with other preparation. According to the school calendar, I was assigned for the award distribution ceremony during the first two periods of School providing prizes to the subject topper and awarding the academic prize to the individual who had achieved the top position in the First Terminal Exam. I was given the responsibility to announce the programme. After asking the dignitaries to chair the assembly, I executed the program. After  that immersing myself in the customary routine. Due to a demanding schedule, I participated in my lunch after 2 PM on that day because of regular classes. The whole day comes to an end when the last bell at 4; pm rings. A sense of relief enveloped me after concluding the day's duties. Managing my room and reporting necessary reports to concerned heads I returned home. After reaching home, I spend some precious time with my heartbeats, my children. I engaged in discussions and helped them with their homework. Enjoying a warm and mouthwatering meal at 9 PM, I threw myself to bed, adjusting to the chilly weather. Naturally, my mobile device found its way into my hands, and after a brief survey of social media, I surrendered myself to the lap of a slumber deity, anticipating an early rise for the upcoming day's activities that will lead me through the busy daily activity which I was doing for a decade.


Post a Comment

0 Comments